1) To make a fast and easy chocolate dressing, throw some pieces of pure chocolate into hot vanilla cream, add some corn flour and mix until it dissolves. Then, let it cool a bit. Ready to use!
2) You can almost always substitute milk cream with light evaporated (tin) milk. This way you will have the same rich taste but with less fat and calories.
3) If the milk cream has become too watery correct it by adding 2 spoonfuls of evaporated (tin) milk and hitting it again in the mixer.
4) In a small glass jar, put 1 cup of virgin olive oil, 5 spoonfuls of vinegar, 2 spoonfuls of mustard, a spoonful of spearmint and some salt and pepper. If you hit all these well in the mixer you will have a wonderful dressing for your potato salad or vegetable salad.
5) Put in a small glass jar 2 spoonfuls of white vinegar or lemon juice, 6 spoonfuls of virgin olive oil, a pinch of mustard and some salt and pepper. Mix them well to make your own home made “vinaigrette” dressing, without having to buy it.
6) In a casserole, put 1 glass of meat broth, 1/2 spoonful of corn flour, 1 spoonful of virgin olive oil, some garlic powder, salt and pepper and some red wine. Heat and mix them well until they curdle and ready the roast meat dressing!
7) The tomato sauce for pasta, sausages, eggs or potatoes becomes better if you put 3 spoonfuls of ketchup and a beef juice cube.
8) In a bowl, mix well 2 spoonfuls of milk cream, 1 spoonful of virgin olive oil, 1 spoonful of vinegar, salt and pepper and some oregano or mint or spearmint and make some nice and easy salad dressing.
9) Add 1 spoonful of lemon juice in a carton of fresh milk cream. Mix them well and let them be in the fridge for a couple of days. You will have your own home made sour milk cream.
10) Do you want to make your own sour-sweet sauce? Mix well 1 cup of ketchup, 1 spoonful of corn flour, 4 spoonfuls of water, 2 spoonfuls of corn oil, 2-3 spoonfuls of vinegar and 1 spoonful of Soya sauce. It goes perfect with meat or meat balls.
11) To make your béchamel cream taste more spicy, add 1 small spoonful of mustard powder and mix well.
12) Make your own flavored butter: In a blender, mix well 1 cup of fresh butter, 2 spoonfuls of evaporated (tin) milk and 1 spoonful of mustard. Put the mixture in the fridge to curdle and them serve it on hot liver or pork chops.
13) For an easy meat broth: Mince onions, garlic and carrots and put them in a blender together with some water. It goes well with meat, poultry and soups.
14) Never put black pepper in a white dressing. It makes it look grey and ugly.
15) To avoid destroying your egg and lemon sour dressing a) use only the yoke of the egg. b) Don’t ever put it in a very hot meal. Let the meal cool a bit first.
16) Never mix milk or fresh butter together with egg and lemon sour dressing. Put the dressing first and then, when the meal has cooled put the milk or fresh butter.
17) When you put corn flour in your dressings or soups keep boiling them for a few minutes so that the meal acquires better taste.
18) Sensitive dressings as butter dressing, béarnaise or béchamel will not crust or become jelly for 2-3 hours if you put them in a thermos as soon as you make them.
19) If the butter in your dressing is so much that it floats, drop a few ice lumps in it. The butter will wrap around the ice cubes, which you will then take out using a fork.
20) Mincing some apple and putting it in meat sauce will give it a special, delicate flavour.
21) Instead of minced meat, put some minced tuna in your Bolognese sauce and it will adopt a brand new taste!
22) Prepare some roast beef dressing and put it in the freezer in the ice lump forms. When the lumps are frozen, put them in a plastic bag and keep them in the freezer. This way you will have as much dressing as you like ready to use.
23) If you have cooked too much cauliflower, you can turn the rest into a delicious soup: Boil it together with 900 grs of chicken or vegetable broth, some minced onion and 1 leaf of sweet bay. Blend them all together into gruel and carefully add and mix some milk cream. Serve it with some parsley and cheese flakes.
24) If you heat a small chicken soup tin and add 50 gr of cheese flakes you will quickly turn it into a tasty pasta dressing.
25) If your mayonnaise sauce becomes watery a) put it in a bowl and blend it little by little together with an egg yoke and some mustard or b) add little by little 2 spoonfuls of lukewarm water and lemon juice. Mix them together until they curdle again.